Our Statement of General Policy and Strategy is:
- To comply with environmental legislation where relevant.
- To recognise and actively reduce the company effect on the environment.
- To minimise waste by evaluating operations ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- To minimise toxic emissions through the selection and servicing of our vehicles and any other engine based equipment.
- To select manufacturing equipment, hand tools and electrical tools for maximum efficiency and recyclability.
- To minimise noise and vibration in the workplace and its effects on the environment where possible by working in daylight hours.
- To ensure we are receiving our power from the most cost effective and environmentally sympathetically generated electricity, gas, water etc.
- To actively promote recycling internally, amongst customers and suppliers.
- To identify suppliers who have an environmental policy and to build ongoing relationships with said companies.
- To communicate to, and train our employees in the way we want our environmental commitments to be achieved.
- To source a range of competitively produced materials that minimise the effect on the environment.
- To meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- To identify local suppliers when possible to reduce the amount of transportation and environmental impact of the materials supplied.
- To identify chemicals that are biodegradable where possible, or to make sure that waste residues are disposed of correctly.
- To identify any ozone depleting substances used within the company and aim to replace with environmentally safe replacements.
- To empower our employees to actively involve themselves in helping the company to be a responsible part of the wider community by highlighting any practices that can be improved or replaced by
safer more environmentally sympathetic process or procedure.
- To use certificated waste handlers for disposal of waste. No burning of waste on company property without specific permission of the management.
The company will actively aim in 2013 / 2014 to reduce the amount of:
- Spend on fuel by actively monitoring each vehicle's usage and better job planning to reduce travel distance.
- Reduce spend on stationary by challenging the employees on their usage of general stationary particularly photo copy paper by not printing out emails etc
- Inform all of our customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact.
To archive our targets we have set ourselves the following:
- Inform all our customers and suppliers about our environmental policy by end of September 2013
- Establish current spend per vehicle on a monthly basis by end August 2013 and issue results and targets for company vehicle drivers by end of September 2013
- To change to a paperless invoicing, eliminating all associated stationary and postage costs.
Progress on these objectives to be monitored and communicated to all involved through briefing and through involvement at all levels of the work force.